Sheet Metal Worker/ Mechanic
Regional Jet Center B.V. (RJC) is a dedicated and operational high performing, independent MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Organization) that is part of the AF/KL-group. Within this group we are responsible for the maintenance of the KLM Cityhopper (KLC) fleet at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. In addition to this customer, we carry out maintenance for various other regional airlines. RJC is a young and dynamic company with growth potential. We invest in innovative technology to enchance our effectiveness. Approximately 280 employees work at RJC. We work together with enthusiasm and in a committed way. Our 5 core values are: reliability, leadership, entrepreneurship, commitment and pride.
Within RJC, the Aircraft Maintenance department carries out both corrective and preventive maintenance in a modern hangar at Schiphol-East, Schiphol Center and in back shops.
Have you always wanted to work in the dynamic and challenging environment of aviation? Do you have a passion for the profession and want to be part of a well motivated, flexible and committed team? Is safety your top priority and are you proud if the aircrafts are returned to our customers in time? Then this opportunity is definitely for you!
What are you going to do?
As Sheet Metal Worker you are responsible for:
- Manufacturing, repairing and modifying sheet metal of aircrafts on the platform, in the hangar (Schiphol Center/ outstations) and in the sheet metal shop;
- You must assess damages in accordance with the requirements and carry out repairs/ restore damage and perform modifications both on the aircraft and in the shops;
- You take care of keeping the work environment tidy, maintaining and cleaning tools and machines (good housekeeping);
- You carry out the administration of the work carried out in accordance with the regulations;
- In addition, as a Mechanic you provide support at Aircraft Maintenance in the hangar, at Schiphol-Center and in the back shops;
- In the event of disruptions, you consult with the Supervisor about the progress of the work;
- The maintenance is carried out 24/7 and thus you work in shifts.
Who are we looking for?
- You have completed relevant education at VMBO level;
- You have knowledge of EASA law- and regulations;
- You have experience, preferably with sheet metal, within an aircraft maintenance environment;
- You have good communication and social skills and you are customer-oriented;
- You are able to improvise, to think in terms of solutions and possibilities;
- You have a good command of the English and Dutch languages, both verbally and in writing;
- You are in possession of a driver’s license (B).
Furthermore, you recognize yourself in the following competencies:
Initiative, flexibility, stress resistance, working in a team, customer and service orientation, communicating effectively.
What do we offer?
- We offer excellent primary and secondary terms of employment;
- The position is classified in salary scale G07. The salary indication for this position is a basic monthly salary between €3.028,- and €3.721,- depending on work experience and education (100% fulltime);
- In addition to this basic monthly salary, you will receive an irregularity payment, a year-end bonus, annual profit sharing, annual vacation allowance and reimbursement of travel expenses;
- You get a personal iPad and very comfortable working clothes;
- You can make use of a personal budget for sustainable employability;
- You can fly at a reduced rate on KLM/KLC flights according to availability;
- You will be working in a dynamic company that is developing rapidly;
- An inspiring working environment at Schiphol-Centre, in the hangar at Schiphol-East and ad hoc AOG recovery business trips to outstations make the work extra challenging and varied;
- The hangar has been completely renovated and is equipped with modern facilities;
- The atmosphere is informal and there is constructive cooperation where just culture is participated;
- We also offer you training opportunities for personal growth and development.
Are you ready for take-off?
Are you enthusiastic and do you think you are suitable for the position of Sheet Metal Worker at RJC? We look forward to receiving your application including CV and motivation letter. You can apply using the button below. You will receive notification of your application within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Do you need additional information about the vacancy?
For additional information about the job vacancy please contact Hans de Steur, Team Manager Aircraft Maintenance, tel. +31 6 14490289.
31 mei 2023